Here are pictures of a doll dress I made several years ago. It was the second one I ever made, and I sewed it entirely by hand. It's kind of interesting to look at it now, because I've gained a lot of skill since then. In these pictures, the fabric looks white, but actually it's sort of a light golden color.
If you're wondering why there's a big ugly patch of fabric on the back, it's because I forgot to leave room to overlap the sides to add hooks and eyes, so I had to put on this flap thing. It turned out really big and crooked because I was sewing it by hand.
I crocheted this shawl to go with it.
The inside is unfinished because I didn't know to fold under my hems or anything, so it's all fraying now.
Still, I think it looks pretty good for something I made up. I didn't have a pattern.
And with the shawl, it looks even better because it covers up the ugly back.
So there's my doll dress failure, hopefully the ones I am going to make this week will be better!