Here are just five things out of all that I appreciate about my mom.
1. She is never too busy to give you a long hug when you need it.
2. Whenever she is up before me in the morning she makes me a cup of coffee. I am not a morning person and I usually stumble around half awake when I don't get any coffee.
3. She is not afraid to laugh and have fun. We have so much fun playing Are You Smarter Than A 5th Grader? and Catch Phrase.
4. She listens to me. She even asks for my advice sometimes. It's nice to know that someone cares about what you have to say.
5. She has taught all of us how to learn. I was homeschooled all the way through high school. When I was in high school, I didn't feel like I did very much "real" school. I just learned about what I was interested in and read a lot of books. Now that I'm in college, I've realized that what I was learning in high school was how to learn. I haven't memorized a lot of historical dates, but I know what life was like in different periods in history, thanks to reading historical fiction. And more importantly, I know how to find out anything I need to know and how to convey that information through the written word.
Somehow Mom taught me that during my years of schooling, while I thought I was just having fun and reading about anything I wanted.
Thanks Mom for everything you do for us! I love you.