Monday, May 10, 2010

Busy busy

Well, the math final is over! I feel like I did a pretty good job. I went slowly and made sure I wasn't forgetting anything. Of course, I always feel like I did fine and then it turns out that I missed a few. I always forget about the little details. I will get the results on Thursday or Friday with my total grade for the whole class!

Tonight I need to write two "critical analysis'" for English class. I had forgotten about these. They can be on short stories or articles, and they aren't too hard for me to write once I find a good story or article. I prefer doing the short story ones actually. Does anyone know of any really good short stories?

Also, tonight and tomorrow morning, I will be studying for my history final. Luckily, this one is not comprehensive. It just covers the last few weeks of class, so it should all still be fresh in my head.

This evening is the last meeting of the writing group at the library. I think I am going to start a community writing group at the same place and time. It would really be the same thing, just not an official library event, and I would be in charge. I was going to make a poster announcing it and put it up on the bulliten board today, but I was studying late last night for this math final.

I might post later about my progress. I hope hearing about my school work isn't boring you to tears. It actually really helps to tell you about it. It's like complaining to a good friend.

~Jane~

4 comments:

Faith said...

What do you mean, 'writing group?'

Marian said...

This short story by Hawthorne is pretty good:

The Great Carbuncle
http://www.readbookonline.net/readOnLine/1786/

And I don't know if it would work for an analysis or not, but this one by H. G. Wells is really good: http://www.online-literature.com/wellshg/2865/

I hope your history exam goes well!

Amber Noella said...

Well, it looks like we have been helped by your "complaining"! I love listening..it encourages me somehow. Keep them coming, because I need all the encouragement I can get!!

Stephanie Ann said...

Good luck! I'm so glad school is over!