I found this on Allison Elizabeth's blog, Girl of the Prairie. You pick twelve favorite characters, fictional or not, from movies or books, and answer the questions below.
1. Anne Elliot (Persuasion by Jane Austen)
2. Curious George (Curious George by H.A. Rey)
3. Sir Guy of Gisbourne (BBC's Robin Hood)
4. Catherine Morland (Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen)
5. Henry Tilney (Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen)
6. Jo March (Little Women by Louisa May Alcott)
7. Wesley (The Princess Bride)
8. Bilbo Baggins (The Hobbit by J.R.R Tolkien)
9. Charlotte Lucas (Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen)
10. Kate Weatherall (The Mysterious Benedict Society by Trenton Lee Stewart)
11. Peter Pan (Peter Pan and Wendy by J.M. Barrie)
12. Emily Starr (Emily of New Moon by L.M. Montgomery)
1. Who would make a better college professor, 6 (Jo March) or 11 (Peter Pan)?
I think Peter Pan would be a terrible college professor because he hates adults and all he wants to do is have fun. You wouldn't learn anything in his class.
Jo March would be a really good college professor, but only in the second half of Little Women when she's a little older.
2. Do you think 2 (Curious George) is nice?
I think he is as nice as any monkey can be... he does cause a lot of trouble, but it's always unintentional.
3. 12 (Emily Starr) sends 8 (Bilbo Baggins) out on a mission. What is it? Does it succeed?
Emily tells Bilbo to use his magic ring to go to the post office for her while he is invisible, so that if there is a rejected manuscript for her, the other people in town won't know about it.
4. What is or what would be 9's (Charlotte Lucas) favorite book?
101 Best Home-Based Businesses for Women by Priscilla Huff, so that she doesn't have to marry Mr. Collins.
5. Would it make more sense for 2 (Curious George) to swear loyalty to 6 (Jo March), or the other way around?
I don't think Jo March would swear loyalty to a monkey.
6. For some reason, 5 (Henry Tilney) is looking for a roommate. Should (s)he room with 9 (Charlotte Lucas) or 10 (Kate Weatherall)?
Well, they're both girls, so neither one, but I think he would get along with Charlotte better. He would teach her to like reading novels.
7. 3 (Sir Guy), 7 (Wesley) and 12 (Emily Starr) are going out to dinner. Where do they go and what do they discuss?
I could see Sir Guy and Wesley meeting, because they could talk about sword fighting and where to buy the best black clothes to make you look tough, and they are both in love with girls who are engaged to someone else, so they have that in common. I'm just not sure why Emily would be there unless one of them had kidnapped her.
8. 3 (Sir Guy) challenges 10 (Kate Weatherall) to a duel, who wins?
Hmm, that's a tough one. She would certainly put up a good fight, but if she didn't have the backup of her friends, I think Sir Guy would ultimately win.
9. If 1 (Anne Elliot) stole 8's (Bilbo Baggins) most precious possession, how would (s)he get it back?
Anne would only steal the ring of power if she was protecting someone from danger or if she knew all about it and was helping Frodo to destroy the ring. Bilbo would go to Lady Russell and ask her to persuade Anne to give the ring back.
10. If 5 (Henry Tilney) and 2 (Curious George) wrote a book together, what would the book be about?
Henry Tilney would write a satirical book about modern art and use art that a monkey drew as examples.
11. What kind of plot device would you have to use if you wanted 1 (Anne Elliot) and 4 (Catherine Morland) to work together?
I would have them run into each other in Bath somewhere. I think they would become friends pretty quickly. They are both pre-disposed to like people. I think Catherine would look up to Anne.
12. If 7 (Wesley) visited you for the weekend, how would it go?
We would probably get into a fight. He is just a little bit full of himself, but you could also call that confidence, which is a good thing.
13. If you could command 3 (Sir Guy) to perform any service or task for you, what would it be?
I would tell him to leave Nottingham and start over as a good guy, somewhere far, far away from Marian and the Sheriff.
14. Does 11 (Peter Pan) like to write or draw?
I don't think so. He wouldn't like writing, but he might draw. He does play instruments, so we know he is creative.
15. If 2 (Curious George) had to choose sides between 4 (Catherine Morland) and 5 (Henry Tilney), what side would (s)he choose?
I have no idea. Catherine and Henry wouldn't be arguing in the first place, and I think Curious George would like them both equally well.
16. What might 6 (Jo March) shout out while charging into battle?
17. If you had to choose a song to best describe 8 (Bilbo Baggins), what would it be?
"Like a Child" by Jars of Clay.
18. What would 5 (Henry Tilney) most likely be arrested for?
Punching John Thorpe in the nose.
19. If 11 (Peter Pan) and 9 (Charlotte Lucas) were racing to a destination, who would get there first?
Peter Pan would win, unless they were racing to school or some other place where he would hesitate to go.
20. What is the lowest point of 1's (Anne Elliot) story?
When Captain Wentworth first comes back and she hears something that he said about her that makes her think he really doesn't care about her anymore.
21. 1 (Anne Elliot) and 9 (Charlotte Lucas) reluctantly team up to save the world from the threat posed by 4's (Catherine Morland) sinister secret organization. 11 (Peter Pan) volunteers to help them, but it is later discovered that s/he is actually a spy for 4 (Catherine Morland). Meanwhile, 4 (Catherine Morland) has kidnapped 12 (Emily Starr) in an attempt to force their surrender. Following the wise advice of 5 (Henry Tilney), they seek out 3 (Sir Guy), who gives them what they need to complete their quest. What title would you give this fic?
The Hyacinth Conspiracy