Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Writing

I said that I would post my first poem on here, but I've changed my mind. This one is a bit more personal than I intended. Maybe the next one.
I am pretty pleased with the way it turned out though. It has a decent structure and it sounds kind of good. I didn't know what to write about so I took a little thing that's been bugging me and purposefully blew it out of proportion, drama queen style. Now it sounds like I was really emotional when I wrote it. : )

I think I'm going to try to do Nanowrimo this year. I asked my creative writing teacher and he said I can turn in some of the chapters instead of short stories. That way I feel less guilty about writing, because it's going towards a class as well as just my personal goal.

Now I have to decide what to write about. I was thinking some kind of medieval adventure. I've been really into Robin Hood lately and I'm also reading a series of books set during King Arthur's time. Maybe I could put my own spin on it and do a alternate medieval world, sort of like medieval steampunk.

Or I have another idea for a science fiction story. I have a very elaborate idea of the setting and society and concept for the story. I even have a main character lurking in my brain, he just needs a name still. What I don't have is a plot, but sometimes I have to start writing before I know what that will be.

~Jane~

No comments: