Monday, September 6, 2010

A party and a hoodie

I'm so sorry that I haven't been posting the last couple of days! I have had a very busy week or so.

First of all, Kevin's birthday went well. We met a few good friends at a fun outdoor mall type of place in town. We got coffee at the coffee shop in the big bookstore there, and played a new card game, which was one of Kevin's birthday presents. Then we started our scavenger hunt.
We did boys against girls, and went out and took pictures of eight cool and unique things. Then we got back together, switched cameras and tried to find the things that the others took pictures of. It was really fun. The only thing I didn't like was that we were so divided the whole time. That's the problem with all team games, you want to spend time with everyone.
One of the "rules" was that if we ran into the other team we had to scream and run away. We only ran into the boys once. They came around the corner suddenly and we followed the rule enthusiastically. I think we startled some girls who were walking near us. : )

Today was the Renaissance festival. I went as a "hoodie" after all, and I think I looked Robin Hood-ish. I had brown pants tucked into tall black boots, and a tan vest over a green shirt. I wore a low belt with a leather pouch dangling from it and a grey cloak. I even did a braid across my head like Marian wears in her hair sometimes. Mine was a little messier and looser, and the bobby pins showed, but it was pretty good considering how troublesome and slippery my hair tends to be when I put it up.
I forgot to take a picture, but maybe someday soon I will recreate it for you to see. The best thing about the outfit was that, besides the cloak, everything I had on was just normal clothes. The cloak was something I found in our dress up box, and it's made out of a single piece of fabric.

~Jane~

No comments: