Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Pure in heart award


Hannah, from Hannah's Corner, just tagged me with this beautiful award! Thanks Hannah!

The Rules:

A) Post about your tag!

B) Pick some other bloggers who deserve the PURE IN HEART award

C) Leave a comment on the people's blogs letting them know you tagged them! ( you may tag whoever you want, even the person who tagged you, if you like)

D) Answer these questions and put them up in a blog post:

1: Apples, Oranges or Bananas?

Probably apples... but I'm picky. It has to be crisp but not hard, tart but not sour, and I think the pretty pink ones taste better. : )

2: How many siblings do you have?

Three sisters, ages 23, 12 and 10, and two brothers ages 16 and 8.

3: How old are you?

19

4: Do you live on a prairie, woodland, swamp, city or other?

I would describe it as a rural neighborhood. We do have a field full of cows next door, and we live on two acres, but we still have fairly close neighbors. 

5: Scissors or glue?

Scissors! I use them all the time.

6: Describe your dream house.

My house will be old fashioned with modern touches of cuteness, with bookshelves covering the walls and my own library where I can write and the perfect chair for reading with the perfect reading light next to it, and at least one window seat and bay windows and a tower, and the kitchen will be light and airy and the floors will be hardwood with charming colorful rugs scattered around. And none of the dishes will match and there will always be flowers on the big wooden table and also on the small one with a white tablecloth that will be in the big picture window off the kitchen. I will have my own tiny sewing room and in the living room there will be french doors going out into the garden, where I will have roses and lavender and peonies and hyacinths and lilacs and a japanese maple tree and a white picket fence with climbing roses growing all over it.

7: Is your room clean?

Not at the moment, but I wish it was. I love my room when it's clean.

8: If you could be a movie character for a day, who would you be?

Emma Woodhouse. Not because I particularly want to be like her, but because I would get to dance with Mr. Knightly!

9: Italy, Greece, France, Spain or England?

England!

10: What denomination are you?

I go to a non-denominational Bible church.

11: Do you sleep with a stuffed toy (BE HONEST!!!!)

I hardly ever cuddle him anymore, but I still have my Sealie. He is a little white seal someone gave me for my first birthday. He has a place of honor sitting on my writing desk. I love him. : )

12: Gum, chocolate, or jelly beans?

It depends on my mood, and on the variety of chocolate or jellybeans being offered.
If it is Dove chocolate, or if it happens to be pretzels, peanut butter, caramel, and peanuts covered in chocolate, (Take Five is my favorite candy bar ever), and the jelly beans are the boring cheap kind, then definitely chocolate.
If, however, the chocolate is that cheap kind you buy in bulk at Easter to put in the eggs and it tastes like chocolate flavored butter, and the jelly beans are Starburst jelly beans, then I think you can guess what my choice would be.

13: What is your favorite book?

Oh boy. I really hate it when people ask me this question. It's too hard to choose! Sigh. I am going to change this question to:

13-- again: What is the best book you have read recently?

The Westing Game. Really a great book!

14: Favorite ice cream flavor?

I'm not a big fan of ice cream, but probably cookie dough.

15: If you had to eat one type of food for two weeks, what would that food be?

Salad. Not boring salad, salad with green leaf lettuce and tomatoes and cucumbers and black olives and green olives and red peppers and onions and garlic and sunflower seeds. Top it off with olive oil, lemon juice and garlic salt and it's perfect.

16: What is your favorite Olympic sport?

Ice dancing!

17: Describe yourself in three words:

Fun, creative, procrastinator. The last one most of all. : )

18: What chore do you positively hate?

Vacuuming!
Vacuum cleaners are out to get me, and every time I try to vacuum, I end up tangled in the cord, or it gets caught on something, or keeps coming unplugged. Then I stand the vacuum up to go plug it back in but instead of clicking into place and waiting for me to come back, it falls on my foot. Sometimes even when I'm not vacuuming I trip over the vacuum or it randomly falls down as I walk past and gets my foot again. Argh, I do not like vacuum cleaners, and they hate me.

I tag...

Everyone who is currently my follower! I love you guys, I couldn't pick just a few to award. If you follow me, consider yourself tagged.

~Jane~

1 comment:

Amber Noella said...

haha! I really love your answers :)