Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Introducing me

The following is my bio that I have posted on the "About Me" page, but I thought I would put it here as well.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My blogger name is Jane, which is my middle name in real life. Originally, I used the name "Jane" online because I wanted to be anonymous. I think by now a lot of you know my real name, (and I am okay with that,) but I've gotten used to going by "Jane," and I find that it suits my writing personality.

I was home schooled, and am now attending community college for my associate's degree. My goal is to graduate next spring. After getting my associates, I hope to go on to receive a bachelor's in English with a literature emphasis, and a minor in creative writing. Eventually I want to teach English and literature.

I work as a writing tutor at the college I attend. It has been a really neat experience, and has confirmed for me that I love to teach. Whether or not I end up teaching in schools depends on what God brings into my life over the next couple of years, but even if that doesn't work out, I will be homeschooling my (possible) future children.

The fact that I was home schooled all the way through high school is something I am grateful for. My love of classic literature comes from all the books I read as a young teenager. These were books that I wanted to read. I picked them out and enjoyed them. Since I've been in college I haven't had as much time to read, and I'm realizing that if I had been in school all along I never would have read those books.

The books I read through high school, when I thought I was getting away with skimping on "real school," are a huge part of the foundation of my life now. Sometimes pieces of literature that I read years ago will come back to me suddenly and bring extra meaning to a situation or a better understanding of a school topic. I used to read a lot of historical books, so in history class I found that I could relate to the people from the past. It was as if I had been there and lived through it with them. Also, I never had to formally learn grammar and spelling. I picked it up naturally through reading.

Something else, the most important fact about me; I am a Christian. Many of you probably already know this, but you may not understand what that means.

As a Christian, I believe that sin is something everyone is born with, and it is the thing that separates us from God. He is perfect and just, and justice demands that "the wages of sin is death." (Romans 3:23) However, God is also merciful. It is seemingly a conundrum, but God provided the solution through his son Jesus.

Jesus was born on earth, fully human, but he was also fully God. When he died, he had never sinned in his entire life. That is something no other human can claim. He was the perfect sacrifice, and He took the sins of the entire world on himself. He took the blame, and died, satisfying the justice of God. But He didn't just die, he conquered death. He rose from the dead in victory after three days. And now, "...whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." (John 3:16)

We don't have to do anything, in fact we are incapable of saving ourselves. We just have to trust in the gift of God. Romans 3: 23 in its entirety says, "For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our lord."

The way God works everything together is a beautiful mystery to me. I won't pretend to know all the answers, but if you have any questions I would love to share a conversation with you. Please feel free to talk to me.

There you have it, all the important details of me. I hope you enjoyed reading it. : )
Thanks for visiting!

~Jane~

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awesome! Loved reading more about you. ;)