Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Math woes

There are no appointments at work this morning, being finals week. So, basically, I am just sitting here having a panic attack for three and a half hours. I'm wondering if I will have to re-take math 110 next semester, and at this point it's a definite possibility. I am having trouble remembering basic things we learned at the beginning of the semester but haven't used since then, like simplifying rational expressions and graphing functions with cubed roots in them. I feel like it's been years since we learned those.

I am not a math person, numbers and formulas just don't stick in my brain the way words do. In math, there is one way to do it. You are either right or you are wrong. I prefer things that require more creativity than that. Using different ways to express ideas through language, two people could say opposite things but both be "correct" because there is no wrong answer. I love English.

I hate math.

No comments: