Shaynie of The Book Blog tagged anyone who is interested in the conflicts of the 20th century. As I am very interested in the conflicts of the 20th century, including the Russian Civil War, the Great Depression and World War 2, I have taken this tag.
The rules are simple: Answer the questions, come up with eight questions of your own, and tag eight people.
(Note: If this sounds familiar, it's because I think I have done his tag before... just with different questions.)
Are you afraid of the dark?
A little bit. I used to be terrified of the dark, but I've mostly gotten over it now. I have to have the lights out to go to sleep, but if I'm still up I need lights on or I start feeling creeped out.
Do spiders freak you out?
Yes. Very yes. I think I have a mild phobia of spiders. Even though I know they can't hurt me, I tense up and feel sick whenever I see one. Especially the big, fast, hairy kind. Yuck.
Do you like any kids' shows still?
Yes, absolutely! I still watch Arthur when I can. Wordgirl is a newer show that's also a favorite. It's very witty and funny. Sometimes I watch it with my 17 year old brother and my 13 year old sister and we are all laughing so hard.
I also unashamedly watch Jonas when we can find it on Netflix. It is also funny, one of the top three Disney Channel shows I've ever seen.
(Why do I like the Jonas Brothers? See this post.)
If you had been in WWII Europe, would have helped hide the Jews, or not have become involved at all?
This is one of those questions I can never really answer. I would hope that I would help the Jews as much as I could, and I'm sure if the opportunity came up I would hide them. I just don't know if I would actively try to help them if the opportunity didn't readily present itself. I'm not very politically active because I just don't know what to do to help, so I probably would have just tried to stay out of it as much as possible.
You have one wish. It will be granted. What is it?
This question is too hard. I thought about it for a solid two minutes before I realized I was taking it way too seriously.
It is a serious question though. One wish, guaranteed to be granted, is an opportunity to do some good in the world.
I don't know.
How is NaNo going for you, if you're doing it? If you aren't doing it, WHY NOT?!?!
Yay for Nano! Of course I'm doing it. This is my third year, I'm not going to let a silly thing like not having any time stop me.
It's going well... sort of. I love what I have so far, and my plot is progressing well, but I only have 15,000ish words right now and I'm supposed to have somewhere around 28,000. Every morning I decide that I can still catch up and every night a say it's hopeless and decide to quit. I am not giving up yet however. I've had kind of a crazy week (my sister had her baby, [yep, I'm now an aunt!] tons of homework, not feeling well) but now that week is over and I think I can do this.
Summer or winter?
In the past I would have said winter, but now that I'm in school and I have to go to class in the snow, I understand why people don't like winter. I loved winter because I was homeschooled, and I got to stay indoors and do schoolwork in my pajamas when it was cold.
Now I'm more of a summer person. I'm still not a fan of some of the things that come along with summer (bugs, spiders, excessive heat, spiders, poison ivy) but I do enjoy the warmth and the flowers and all that good summery stuff.
My favorite season is fall, seconded by spring.
What sort of food product are you addicted to?
Does coffee count as a food product? I love coffee.
Recently my throat has been hurting so I've been drinking ginger ale mixed with 100% apple-cranberry-blueberry juice. It makes it fizzy and the juice is good for you. I wish I could get the real ginger ale that has actual pieces of ginger floating in it, but this is the cheap kind that probably isn't real ginger at all.
I can't think of any food product that I'm currently addicted to.
1. What is your first name and why was it chosen by your parents? Is there any story behind it? (If you use an online alias as I do, you can look up the meaning of your online name or just tell me why you chose it.)
2. Who was your favorite teacher and why? For the students currently being homeschooled: What is the best unit or study you have ever done in your homeschool? Tell me about it.
3. What was the best family vacation you have ever been on?
4. People who do and write amazing things often never see the results of their efforts. If you could bring back one person to see the effect of their life on the world, who would it be and why?
5. Is there something you wish you could do? A talent or dream you don't expect to accomplish but you wish for it all the same?
6. What book that you have read made you laugh or cry the hardest?
7. What is the background picture on your computer? Mine is a bunch of colorful diagonal lines I drew on 'paint'. I didn't realize until later that it matches my laptop case.
8. Without looking, how many comments do you think you have gotten total, over the whole life of your blog? Once you've guessed, go count them and post that number too. It may be more than you think.
I don't have time to tag anyone right now specifically right now.
If you are currently reading, or have ever read something by Shakespeare, consider yourself tagged. Or if you just want to do it but have never read any Shakespeare, you may find a Shakespeare quote and comment on this post with it, telling me what play it came from, and you can then consider yourself tagged.