Thursday, October 21, 2010

Tagged again!

I was tagged again by my friend Michelle!

Michelle is new to the blogging world and could use some followers. We met at camp in June, so I can vouch for her being one of the most awesome people you could meet. Please, take a look at her blog and consider following her!

1. What would your perfect proposal consist of?

Well, hopefully he would have already asked my dad's permission. He would have known to talk it over with my sister, so he will already have the perfect ring. No diamonds for me, I want tiny rubies and pearls set in silver. We would be out somewhere, not at a restaurant but somewhere pretty. Maybe a walk in the park?

I don't care if he is not eloquent, I just want to hear how he honestly feels about me.

2. If you could be the richest, smartest, or prettiest person in the world, which would you choose?

If I were the richest person in the world, everyone would just be after my money.

If I were the prettiest person in the world, all the girls would hate me and I wouldn't have any true friends.

If I were the smartest person in the world I would have enough sense not to flaunt my intelligence, so hopefully people wouldn't be jealous. So that's what I would choose.

3. What song describes your life? and why?

Right now it's "The Beautiful Let Down" by Switchfoot.

Here is the first verse and chorus:

"It was a beautiful let down
When I crashed and burned
When I found myself alone unknown and hurt
It was a beautiful let down
The day I knew
That all the riches this world had to offer me
Would never do

In a world full of bitter pain and bitter doubt
I was trying so hard to fit in, fit in,
Until I found out
I don't belong here
I don't belong here
I will carry a cross and a song where I don't belong
But I don't belong."

4. What is your favorite movie?

My current favorite movie is probably the new BBC Emma, but it changes often. I just can't pick favorites.

5. Would you rather be loved or respected?

Well, if it's really love, I will be respected as well. You can't truly love someone without at least respecting their rights and boundaries.

But if I had to give up some respectability to be loved, I would choose respect. It's not worth being loved if they don't respect you.

6. You're going on your first date, what are you wearing?

It depends on what we're doing. On a dinner date, I would probably wear dark jeans, a nice blouse and kitten heels. With earrings for sparkle. : )

7. If given the choice, would you rather fit in or stand up for what you know?

In theory I would stand up for the truth no matter the consequences. I hope that's what I would do when actually faced with the choice.

8. What is the scripture verse that has changed your life?

I don't think I can name any one verse. The entire Bible is life changing. John is a book that comes to mind though. It is so beautifully and powerfully written.

No comments: