Monday, October 18, 2010

Tag

I've been tagged! Thanks, Shaynie. : )

Rules:

You are given 8 questions from the person who tagged you before, your job is to answer them, write 8 questions of your own, then tag 8 people with your questions.

1. Do you like Sherlock Holmes?

I absolutely love Sherlock Holmes. I love everything about those stories... the writing style is really cozy and friendly, while still being tense and mysterious. I feel like I'm sitting by the fire with Dr. Watson and he is telling me all about their adventures. Sherlock Holmes himself is such a brilliant character. He is complex, but you feel like you know him. He is simple and unfathomable. And the relationship between Sherlock and Dr. Watson is possibly the best friendship in all of literature.

Ok, I guess you get the picture: I am a fan of Sherlock Holmes.

2. Would you ever like to go overseas and work with a relief agency in a war-torn country?

I'm not sure. I don't think I would like it, but it would probably be good for me in the long run.
However, I think everyone has their area of ministry and I've always felt that my ministry is here. I want to raise my future children the way God wants me to and hopefully write books that will bring Him glory.

3. Do you like foreign films?

The only foreign film I've seen is Shall We Dance. It's the same story as the one with Richard Gere, but it was made in Japan and the whole thing is in Japanese. We got it by mistake one time because we thought it was the Richard Gere version. Once you got used to reading the English subtitles, it was actually really entertaining and funny.

4. Do you like writing?

Yes, I love writing. : )

5. Will you be doing NaNoWriMo? What's your book about?

Yes! This will be my third year, and I'm writing about a girl who wins a scholarship to a mysterious school where books come alive... literally. See this post for a little more detail.

6. What's your favorite animal?

I don't know, I haven't really thought about it recently. My favorite animal used to be sea otters. I also like snakes.

7. Have you ever been to a foreign country?

I've been to Canada. I loved it. Everyone was really friendly and I love Canadian accents. I loved how everything was labelled in English and French. I actually learned a few French words while I was there, and we saw a family who only spoke French. We saw Niagra Falls, the CN Tower, and lots of black squirrels.

8. Are your ears pierced?

Yes, they are. I love wearing dangly earrings; that little bit of sparkle brightens up your whole outfit.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ok, now on to my eight questions.

1. If you had to choose, would you rather be blind or deaf?
(I ask because I have thought about this question for years and can never decide. I love the beauty of this world, but I also love music and the sound of people's voices...)

2. What is your favorite part about blogging?

3. What is your favorite book and why?
(You can do more than one if you can't choose.)

4. Why DID the chicken cross the road?

5. What do you want to be when you grow up?
(You can answer this even if you are "grown up." We're never done growing, and everyone has a dream.)

6. Think about your day. (Or yesterday if you're reading this early in the morning.) Think through everything that happened to you during the day... people you met, things you discovered, interesting events. Now pick one thing and describe it for me in as much detail as you can. Whether you were skydiving or picking out a muffin, I want to hear about it.

Ok, I'm a cheater, that wasn't really a question. It was more like a writing prompt. Can you do it anyway? : )

7. What do you think of Nancy Drew? Do you consider her a good role model? What do you think of the movies (Old movie with Bonita Granville and new with Emma Roberts) and the computer games?

8. If someone offered you a hundred dollar bill to do it, would you sing an entire song, without music, in a crowded restauraunt?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I tag:

1. Rebecca Jane ~ Sewing in the Past

2. Atlanta ~ The Story of a Seamstress

3. Celine ~ Iradessa

4. Michelle ~ Born to Stand Out

5. Grace ~ Grace's Garden Walk

6. Georgianna Penn ~ Before my Penn has Gleaned

7. Allison Elizabeth ~ Girl of the Prairie

8. Bess ~ Bess' Bag

And just because I can't decide,  I am going to bend the rules and add tags #9 and #10...

9. Darby May ~ Picklehopper Centre

10. Faith ~ Something Fun

Have fun!

~Jane~

3 comments:

Amber Noella said...

How fun! I know I wasn't tagged, but could I do this too? !

Allison Przeslawski said...

Thanks for tagging me! ♥
Allison

Anonymous said...

Awesome!! I am such a Sherlock Holmes fan, too!