Monday, August 2, 2010

Random

I haven't posted in almost a week! I'm still here and very much alive. I've been getting on and reading other people's posts, I just haven't had much to post about myself.

Here is a question for you:
During those times when I don't have anything interesting to say, should I post anyway? Are you interested in reading random stuff about my life, or would you just skim over those posts? I don't want to clutter up your reader box with things you don't care to read. : )

I think I saw something like this on a blog, but I am making up my own subjects to replace the ones I can't remember. I'm sorry to whoever made this up that I'm not giving credit to!

Outside it is... Very hot and sunny. The potted Hibiscus is blooming, and so are some yellow flowers that we planted in a circle around the birdbath. It would be pretty if it weren't too hot to go out and look at them.

Inside it is... Just after lunchtime. My brother is still eating his sandwich and the other kids are starting a game of Ark of the Covenant. I have no idea how to play that game, but it looks confusing.

My hair is... Messy, pulled up in a clip. I always have to clip my hair up out of my face when I get out of bed, it helps me wake up.

I am hoping... That I will like all of my classes this semester. I think I will, but I'm still nervous. I don't really know what to expect from a creative writing class. What kind of stories will we have to write? What if I don't do well?

I am excited about... School!

I am disappointed... That I didn't get more done this summer. I really got nothing done that I wanted to get done. I am the type of person who needs everything scheduled out. That's why I like school, because it's a steady schedule and it keeps me busy. I get more done when I'm busy and I don't have time to procrastinate. : )

I want... A glass of peppermint iced tea.

Tonight I am... Watching the two part finale of Robin Hood! I am so sad that this show will be over. I love it. I think I may have to watch it all over again next summer.

I like... Writing. I wish I were better at it. I also wish I would stop procrastinating on editing my book so that I could start looking for a publisher. I don't think I can make it good enough to be published, but my family likes it a lot, so I'm going to try.

I don't like... The fact that I probably won't get to do Nanowrimo this year. I will have so much writing to do for school, I just don't see how I would squeeze it in. I'm still going to try, but if I think it's making me do badly in class, I will have to quit. : (

So, what's the verdict? Should I post things like this when I have nothing else to write?

~Jane~

4 comments:

Amber Noella said...

I like reading your randomness :)
I know what you mean about schedules & school. I used to plan EVERYTHING for school: supplies, wake up schedule, clothes I'd wear everyday, etc. Oh yeah, lunch foods! I love the idea of school & planning put together.

I'm a pretty big procrastinator myself. I started a book & get all lazy to edit it & such. I think it's cool you wrote a whole book!

Anyways, keep posting. Keep it fresh. (Okay, I have no real idea what that means =)

Anonymous said...

YOU wish YOU were BETTER at WRI-TING! Your amazing, Jane, really, and I wish all the bloggers could read your book. I like it better than Running Out of Time! And I was just thinking earlier that THAT was my favorite book. So that means YOURS is my favorite! I really hope you can do NaNoWriMo this year!

--DARBY--

Marian said...

I like reading these kinds of posts! :) I wish I were better at writing, too. I'm also supposed to be working on a book cover for one of my stories, but I have a million sewing projects to work on right now. :P

I saw your previous post--you'll have a really busy fall semester! I wish I was as excited about the school year as you are! ;)

Becca said...

Yes, Please post random thoughts!