Sunday, July 26, 2009

The Dreaded First Post

Well, here it is. My first post.
When I decided to start a blog, I knew I wanted to talk about great literature, mostly classics, writing, history, along with some posts about modern books I might be reading. What had me procrastinating for months was how to begin? When you have the lofty goal of writing your thoughts for the world to see, which thought is important enough to be the first? I thought about starting off with a bang and talking about my favorite author, Jane Austen. I decided she was worthy of a later post, after I learn more about writing in this format. I thought about simply writing a review of any book I was reading. This blog will hopefully be more than book reviews, and I didn't want to set the wrong tone for what I want to create.
When I finally realized I was taking far too seriously what started out as a fun project, I decided to take the easy way out and write the first post... about the first post. Ironic, isn't it?
~Jane~

No comments: